Foodbuzz Banner

Find What You're Looking For

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Mixed Berry Sorbet



After making the Berry White Popsicles from The Cookaholic Wife for the Recipe Swap, I had a ton of berries left over. Ok...so I overbought on purpose just to be able to make other delicious confections from the leftovers. My ice cream maker has not been getting as much love as I'd like this summer, so I decided to put it to work. 


I found this recipe on Tartelette's site. She is the queen of macarons and I can't wait for the day when I feel accomplished (and ready) enough to try out a recipe that is known for being finicky even for the best bakers. My only wish? That I had all the ingredients to make the vanilla shortbread cookies! 



Ingredients:
3 cups fresh or frozen mixed berries (I used blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and strawberries)
1 cup sugar
2 cups water
zest and juice of one lemon

Directions
Combine the berries, sugar, water, and lemon juice and zest in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to low. Allow to simmer on low heat for ten minutes.

Remove from heat. When completely cool, use a blender or food processor to blend to a smooth puree. Strain through a fine strainer and pour into ice cream maker. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Place in freezer and enjoy! 


Source: Tartelette

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio