Foodbuzz Banner

Find What You're Looking For

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Egg Drop Soup


When I was little, I loved to watch Pee Wee's Playhouse. In particular, I loved the word of the day. Lately, the word of every single day has been reality. I am reminded on a daily basis that I need to be more realistic that I do not have a job for next year and need to put on my big girl panties and deal with it. We're on Wednesday, for those following along. 

Other buzzwords may be savings, bills, debt, and sacrifices. Take out has become a dirty word. No pizza, gyros, chicken wings, or Chinese. A long time ago, there was a restaurant that I loved to frequent for lunch dates that had egg drop soup. I know that it's ridiculously hot outside and I'm posting a soup recipe, but soup is delicious no matter the season or temperature...let's be realistic! 

Ingredients
2 tablespoons corn starch
3 tablespoons water
1 ¾ cups homemade chicken broth  or 1 can store-bought chicken broth
1 cup water
½ tomato, diced
3 dashes white pepper
½ teaspoon salt or to taste
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
Directions
Mix corn starch and water together in a small bowl and set aside for later use.
In a pot, add chicken broth and water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add the tomato, pepper, salt, and cornstarch-water mixture. Stir the soup and turn off the heat.
Add the eggs to the soup and stir three times with chopsticks or a wire whisk. Cover with a lid for 2 minutes allowing the eggs to cook into threads.
Dish into bowls and serve! Enjoy! 
Source: rasamalaysia

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio