Foodbuzz Banner

Find What You're Looking For

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

No Tomato Sauce Lasagna



Hello, readers! Wednesdays are about the craziest day of my week. When I menu plan for the week, I make sure to include a recipe that I can prep in advance and put in the refrigerator with directions on exactly what needs done. That way, I know that dinner is still on the table, even though I might not be home - have to eat, right?


This is by far one of my favorite make ahead recipes - especially because I have issues with Italian food. A lasagna that is made with meat, noodles, and Alfredo sauce. That's it. Cook the meat and layer. Super simple and delicious. I hope that you try this recipe and enjoy it as much as I do! 



Ingredients

12 ounces very lean ground beef
1/2 cup beef broth
12 ounces wide lasagna noodles
2 cups low-fat alfredo sauce
1 1/2 cups grated skim mozzarella cheese


Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling water until just tender. Drain Well.


While noodles are cooking, brown the ground beef in a nonstick frying pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, add browned beef and broth. Toss together.


To assemble
Spread 1 cup of the alfredo sauce on the bottom of 9x13 inch baking pan.
Add 3 strips of lasagna noodles. Spread half the beef mixture on top. Lay 3 strips of lasagna noodles. Spread the remaining beef mixture on top. Add 3 strips of lasagna noodles. Spread the very top with remaining white sauce.
Sprinkle with grated mozzarella cheese.
Bake for 25-35 minutes.



Source: About.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio