Foodbuzz Banner

Find What You're Looking For

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Homemade Flatbread



I love hummus. It's a perfect snack that I can take to work and eat with some veggies. I also have an obsession with flatbread. When I get a footlong from Subway, you better believe that I get it on flatbread and deconstruct the sandwich. Yes, I eat the flatbread by itself. Wanting to make some to eat with my hummus, I decided to give the recipe from Bobby Flay a try. It came out absolutely delicious. It feels great to know that I don't have to depend on store bought for a snack. 


Ingredients
1 1/2 cups warm water (105 to 110 degrees F)
1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive or canola oil, plus more for bowl


Directions
Mix water and yeast in a large bowl and let stand 5 minutes to proof. Gradually pour in 2 cups of the flour and stir to incorporate. Mix for about 1 minute to form a sponge. Let stand, covered, for at least 1 hour.


Put sponge in the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the dough hook, add the salt and oil, then add the flour, 1/2 cup at a time, to form a dough. Remove from bowl and knead. Place in a clean oiled bowl and let rise, slowly, about 2 1/2 hours. Divide dough into 4 balls, let rise again for 1/2 hour, and then roll out as desired.


Place pizza stone in oven and preheat to 400 degrees. Place rolled out flatbread on pizza stone and cook approximately 17 minutes. 


Source: Bobby Flay

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio