Foodbuzz Banner

Find What You're Looking For

Friday, April 6, 2012

Coconut Macaroons



Happy Friday! I find myself pee-deep in potty training. With bathroom breaks every 15 minutes, I have made sure to have some quick recipes handy for the much needed nap-time breaks. One of my favorite cookies by far is the coconut macaroon. They are so incredibly delicious. This recipe has few ingredients: coconut, sugar, egg whites, and extracts. That's it. If you can turn on a stove, you can make these wonderful cookies. So now, instead of grimacing as I clean up yet another pee spot, I stick one of these in my mouth. I call it a wonderful trade-off - it's all about perspective after all! 


I hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend. 






Ingredients

3/4 cup (5 large) egg whites
2/3 cup granulated sugar
10 oz sweetened coconut flakes 
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt


Directions
In a heavy saucepan combine egg whites, sugar and coconut flakes and cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently until all the ingredients combine together, about 12-15 minutes. The mixture should be sticky and moist, not dry. 


Remove from heat and stir in the almond and vanilla extracts. Set aside on a dish and let it cool in the refrigerator about 30 minutes.


Preheat the oven to 300°. Using a tablespoon, scoop tightly packed tablespoonfuls onto a baking sheet covered with a silpat or parchment paper.


Source: SkinnyTaste

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio