Foodbuzz Banner

Find What You're Looking For

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Hoisin-Ginger Beef Skewers


Hello, my name is Lisa...It's been awhile since I've been here. No, I am not pregnant with major food aversions. Yes, I still love making new things and blogging about them. I have actually missed blogging.  I no longer have internet connection in my classroom and haven't had the time to devote to writing an entry. I would always use free time on my planning periods to draft future entries. I would rather take my time on an entry and have some time pass than to post a crappy entry just for the sake of posting something.

This was a recipe from Jenna for a Recipe Swap that was due quite a long time ago. I adapted the recipe slightly because my family can not handle a lot of heat. The original recipe called for 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes. Feel free to add them if heat floats your boat or finds your lost remote. The delicious side will be posted tomorrow and made the perfect companion to the beef. See all of you tomorrow!

Ingredients

2 pounds flank steak
1/2 cup hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon honey
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon peeled and grated fresh ginger root
1 teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
20 (8 inch) bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes (optional)
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
2 chopped green onions (optional)


Directions

Thinly slice the flank steak across the grain and at an angle, creating slices 1 inch wide by 1/4 inch thick.

Whisk together the hoisin sauce, lime juice, honey, garlic, salt, ginger, sesame oil,  and black pepper in a bowl; pour into a resealable plastic bag. Add the sliced flank steak, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 12 hours.

Preheat a grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate. Remove the flank steak from the marinade, and discard the remaining marinade. Thread the meat onto the skewers, if desired.

Cook the meat on the preheated grill until cooked to your desired degree of doneness, 2 to 3 minutes per side for well done.

Source: Pat Conley, Allrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio