Foodbuzz Banner

Find What You're Looking For

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Pineapple Salsa

Wow...two days in a row, I am on a roll! Yesterday, I finally got around to posting the Hoisin-Ginger skewers that I was given in a recipe exchange far too long ago. When browsing the web for similar recipes to branch out the recipe and improve it, I came across this pineapple salsa.

Having gone a couponing adventure that included ten cans of pineapple, I knew that this salsa would be the perfect compliment to the beef skewers. The salsa was light, refreshing, and the perfect blend of sweet and tart to accompany the beef. It made a perfect combination...like DWTS Bruno and overreacting (How sad I will be when the season ends.)  The best part? Two step directions. That's right folks, two steps. Yay! Quick, easy, delicious...win, win, win.

Ingredients
1 cup diced fresh pineapple
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper (I had green)
1/2 cup diced cucumber (I didn't have a cucumber, so I left it out)
2 teaspoons rice vinegar


Directions
Combine Pineapple Salsa ingredients in small bowl and set aside to marinate while cooking beef. With a spoon(ula), toss ingredients and serve alongside beef.

Source:  adapted from culinary.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio