Foodbuzz Banner

Find What You're Looking For

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Broiled Tomatoes With Feta Cheese



I love my phone. If I could marry it, I would. I annoy my husband with how often I am on it. I like to catch up on blogs, read the latest news, and search for new apps in the marketplace. I used to search for recipes online, which would take forever...then I found the What's For Dinner app. I am in love. I type in the meat or ingredient that I am looking to use, it searches the web, and brings up a pretty little list of all of the recipes that fit the criteria I enter. It will be perfect for all of the produce that I will buy in the summer. 


Summer doesn't just bring produce. It brings bike season too. For me, this means weekend outings on the motorcycle for my husband. Not that I mind. I actually enjoy the one-on-one time with DJ and enjoy taking him to the park to play or for a walk around the neighborhood. I made this recipe while DJ was napping one day and it was just me. I typically don't cook with feta cheese, but I had some in the refrigerator after the first recipe swap, along with plum tomatoes that needed to be used up ASAP. This was quick, simple, and delicious. The only change I will make the next time is to try dipping the tomato in the Italian dressing first. I have the feeling that it will help the seasonings and cheese adhere better to the tomato. I will have to try it out and update this entry based upon my results. Overall, the perfect quick little snack...thank you, What's For Dinner app. We are going to be wonderful friends. 


Ingredients
6 plum tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup Italian dressing
salt and pepper to taste


Directions
Preheat broiler to high. 


Cut tomatoes in half lengthwise and place cut side up on a baking sheet. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper to taste, Italian seasoning, and feta cheese. Drizzle evenly with 1/4 cup Italian dressing. 


Broil 3 inches from heat (this was the top rack for my oven) two to three minutes or until the cheese starts to turn a golden shade of brown. 


Source: Southern Living, MyRecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio