Foodbuzz Banner

Find What You're Looking For

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Gnocchi with Sage-Butter Sauce



I love one of the grocery stores around here. They have a recession buster sale twice a month. They send out colorful fliers with tons of items for $1 and lunch meats for less than $3 per pound. I always make sure to stock up on some of the essentials that I know will be used eventually. I always, always pick up some pasta. 


I've talked about my eh feelings towards Italian foods before. There is one particular pasta that I can not get enough of and always keep an eye out for during recession buster sales - gnocchi. Everytime we go to Italian restaurants like the Olive Garden, you can bet that I am going to order gnocchi every.single.time. I found this recipe when searching for something to do with the boxes that I bought on my last recession buster trip. This recipe was so easy to pull together and done in a flash. I love meals that can be pulled together using ingredients from my pantry. On Tuesdays when I don't have much time to prepare dinner, this was perfect option. I can imagine it also being used as a side dish, if needed. 

Ingredients

2 (12 ounce) packages potato gnocchi
1/4 cup butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried sage
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

Directions

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the gnocchi pasta, and cook until they float to the surface, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain the pasta and set it aside.

Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic, and cook until tender and turning golden brown, about 4 minutes. Stir in the sage and salt to combine, and then add the cooked gnocchi. Toss gently with 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese and the pepper.

Serve with remaining tablespoons of Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.

Source:  Gina S, AllRecipes

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio