Foodbuzz Banner

Find What You're Looking For

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Baked Honey Mustard Chicken

When Dan and I bought our house in 2007, it was an estate that had been on the market for nine months and the executors were just interested in getting rid of the darn thing. One thing that really saved us financially was the fact that they agreed to leave all of the appliances. However, the kiss of death for someone that likes to cook and bake is an oven that will not heat past 300 degrees. It tends to limit the food that you are able to make.
One of my Christmas presents this year is a new stove from my grandmother. After my grandfather passed away from pancreatic cancer in November, my grandma insisted that she buy us a stove because its a necessity. That will possibly be my favorite Christmas present this year, the camera that I will be getting to take pictures of the food will be a close second.
Now for last night's recipe. Dan went out shopping for the holiday and DJ was napping, so I opted for something that was quick and easy, as I had a lot of gift bags to make for my co-workers. I chose this baked honey mustard chicken recipe. My only adaptations to the recipe were to halve the paprika used based on the review of others, and I sauteed the chicken in a skillet with a mixture of butter and oil before adding in the honey mustard mixture only because I worry about the chicken being fully cooked in my lovely oven. I have to admit that this is the first non-winner recipe. It could also be the fact that I worry about the chicken being done. I'll have to wait for my new stove and try this one again. The recipe reflects the changes I made.

Ingredients:
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast
halves
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon butter
cooking oil
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup prepared mustard
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Heat butter and oil in pan over medium/high heat.
3. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Place chicken in pan and cook until each side is cooked through. The chicken will continue cooking in the sauce.
5. Place chicken in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
6. In a small bowl, combine the honey, mustard, basil, paprika, and parsley. Mix well. Pour 1/2 of this mixture over the chicken, and brush to cover.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Turn chicken pieces over and brush with the remaining 1/2 of the honey mustard mixture. Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.

Source: adapted from allrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio