Foodbuzz Banner

Find What You're Looking For

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Lunch On The Go: Turkey Salad Wrap


I have mentioned, without sarcasm, that I LOVE my job. I work alongside the executive chef and cooks and all their amazing talent. I sample on a daily basis so that I can adequately talk with the patients about their meal choices. Don't even get my started on the desserts that they roll out of the kitchen. So.damn.good. 
The down side? Trying not to purchase everything in the cafeteria. In an effort to not put my entire paycheck back into the cafeteria, I've started bringing my lunches. I found this recipe from Martha Stewart and had the feeling that it would be absolutely delicious. And it is. I adapted it slightly to use turkey lunch meat instead of cooking actual turkey because 1.) it's faster. 2.) I just worked an 8 hour shift and didn't care. 3.) Did I mention it's easy? Chop up four ounces of turkey, mix with some mayo, mustard, and vinegar. Wrap it up (whole wheat, please) with some spinach and carrot - you're good to go! 

I leave you with some pictures from our trip to the pumpkin patch this past Saturday. DJ had a blast! 
Hayride
DJ loved feeding the goats and sheep.

Turkey Salad Wraps
adapted from Martha Stewart

Ingredients
For the filling:
4 ounces turkey lunch meat
2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
1 tablespoon honey mustard
1/2 teaspoon red-wine vinegar
Ground black pepper
To assemble:
1 cup baby spinach, or arugula
1 carrot, finely grated 
1 (12 inch) flour tortilla, flavored if desired
Directions

Slice the  turkey and place in a medium bowl. Stir in the mayonnaise, mustard, and vinegar until combined. Season to taste with pepper.

Arrange arugula and carrot in the center of the tortilla. Spoon turkey salad down the center. Fold one end of tortilla up over a little of the filling. Fold the sides over to enclose the filling, and then roll up to close. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio