Foodbuzz Banner

Find What You're Looking For

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Creamy Cucumber Salad



Wow, time has been flying. I've been applying and interviewing for jobs. I'd love to say that I have had a great result - but I can't lie. They have all ended in the same way. A polite letter on school letter head with something along the lines of "We were impressed with your experience but have decided to select another candidate to fill the position. We wish you continued luck in your search for full time employment." Yeah...bummer. 


For the past week, I've been dog sitting. Part of my responsibility included taking care of the garden and making sure vegetables were picked when ready. I ended up with a huge cucumber and several cucumbers from my own garden. With several cucumbers in the fridge, I began the search for something to use them up - no cooking please. I found this recipe, and it had me at dill. I love dill and use it far less than I'd like. Hit the garden or farmer's market and make this delicious salad. It is summer in a bowl. 


Ingredients
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup white sugar
4 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
4 medium cucumbers, peeled and sliced

Directions




In a large bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, dill, and seasoned salt. Mix in the cucumber slices, tossing to coat.
Source: LISAPAV on AllRecipes

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio