Foodbuzz Banner

Find What You're Looking For

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

BLT Hot Dogs



This past week has been really tough. I've been battling a headache for a week today. Aspirin, heating pad, hot showers...nothing seems to help. I'm sure that the stress of all the interviews and rejections haven't helped at all and play their part. Pair this with lack of motivation, I haven't been spending as much time in the kitchen. 


My meal plan this week involves recipes that are quick and easy. I'm not normally a fan of hot dogs -  but they are perfect for the circumstance. When voting for the Next Food Network Star, I found a slideshow with all kinds of different hot dogs. I came across this recipe and knew I had to try it - mostly for it's quick simplicity and having everything either on hand or relatively inexpensive. 


Add a thin layer of mayonnaise, if desired, and bacon. 
Next comes the lettuce, tomato, and hot dog.


Ingredients
Thick cut bacon, cut in half
Hot Dogs
Mayonnaise
Shredded Lettuce
Tomato, diced
Hot Dog Buns



Fry thick bacon strips until crisp, then fry hot dogs in the bacon drippings. Serve on toasted buns with mayonnaise, shredded lettuce, diced tomato, and the bacon. 

Source: Food Network

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio