Foodbuzz Banner

Find What You're Looking For

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Baked Fajita Filling






I love fajitas. It is not cost efficient, however, to go to TGI Fridays or Applebees all of the time. As much as I love the sizzle that comes from the servers walking around with the trays, I do not like the price tag. Always on the hunt for ways to get my wants within my needs, I tracked down a recipe that is pretty simple and tastes delicious. It's more a process than an actual recipe, so I've provided you with pictures. 


So grab your favorite skillet, pour in a tablespoon of olive oil. Once heated, throw in your favorite veggies. I personally love the onion, pepper, and grape tomato combination. Let them soften and marry. About 10 minutes or so. Yum. 


In a 2 quart bowl or other vessel of your choice, place cooked chicken (this is skinned rotisserie.) On top of the chicken, place the veggies from the skillet. Top with 1 cup of salsa and a 1/3 cup of cheese. Ok, so I used 1/2 cup. I am a rebel. 

Now, it's time for the oven for the cheese to melt and bubble. I used the broiler for about 7 - 10 minutes until the cheese was bubbly

Mmm...now, all that's missing is a warmed tortilla wrap and some spinach salad on the side. You can also eat this just scooped out of the dish, but I prefer to make myself work a little harder at burning off those (totally worth it) carbs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio