Foodbuzz Banner

Find What You're Looking For

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Apple Pie in a...

cup, goblet, belly. Really, whatever you choose. 


This past weekend was absolutely amazing. I was able to celebrate motherhood with some of the most amazing and influential women in my life. DJ yelled at the top of his lungs, "I love you, Mommy!" That was by far my best present. It's funny how the simpliest things can sometimes mean the most. 


I have talked before about my "ability" to throw a party. It involves me planning for Wonder Woman's pace, freaking out, and working on the dishes after the guests have arrived. I had a major breakthrough this weekend - I had everything done. All the snazzy looking appetizers and dips, the main course was staying warm in the oven, and the desserts were pull-out-of-the-fridge-and-serve ready. 




This by far was my favorite of the whole day. Baked apples layered in with crushed vanilla wafer cookies, ice cream, and whipped cream on top. So simple and absolutely delicious. I hope that all of you had a wonderful Mother's Day! 


Ingredients
3 large tart apples, peeled and chopped
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup vanilla wafers, crushed
2 cups vanilla ice cream
Whipped cream

Directions
In a large saucepan, combine the apples, sugar, water, and cinnamon. Bring to a
oil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until apples are tender. Uncover; cook 9-11 minutes longer or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Remove from the heat.



Place the cookies into a blender and pulse until crushed and reduced to small pieces. 

In each of four goblets or parfait glasses, layer 1 tablespoon cookie crumbs, 1/2 cup ice cream and a fourth of the apple mixture. Top with remaining cookie crumbs and whipped cream. Serve immediately.



Source: slightly adapted from TasteofHome

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio