Foodbuzz Banner

Find What You're Looking For

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Eggless Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips



Hello and happy Tuesday! I hope that you got your taxes done and filed on time. I have always loved tax day - strange, I know. I love math so the idea of sitting down and pouring over forms and numbers is right up my alley. It's right up there with Pi Day for me - except Pi Day is a clear winner because there's pie involved. 


This certainly is not pie. This is a beautiful little recipe for banana bread with chocolate chips. We have no dietary restrictions - I just wanted to use bananas that were ripe but did not run to the store. Necessity is the mother of Googling. I quickly found this recipe, had everything in the pantry already, and got to work. 


I was fearful that I left it in the oven too long. I had every intention of checking on it regularly - then a toddler decided to commandeer his big boy pants and wear them on his head. I was too busy snapping pictures to check. The result ended up being a wonderful crust that was crispy and chewy with moist, chocolately bread. Yum. 


Ingredients
1/2 cup shortening, canola oil, butter, applesauce etc. 
3/4 cup white sugar 
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 very ripe mashed bananas, about 1 1/2 c
1-2 teaspoons pure vanilla
chocolate chips


Directions
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8x4 inch loaf pan. This can be made in any size pan or muffin tins just adjust the baking time.


In a large bowl, cream the shortening and sugar and add vanilla. Sift in the flour, baking soda and salt. Blend in the mashed bananas. Stir in the chocplate chips. 


Pour batter into prepared pan.


Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until it tests done with a toothpick.


Source: TheFreshLoaf

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio