Foodbuzz Banner

Find What You're Looking For

Monday, March 19, 2012

Red's Ultimate M&M Cookie



The road to hell is paved with the best of intentions. When I made these cookies, I had every intention of giving them away. Due to circumstances that were out of my control, it ended up not happening. What to do with two dozen cookies and a diet that I'm sticking to? I thought of my students and the cookie walk fundraiser that they will have while I am in Indy for work. 


These cookies are really the ultimate deal - and everything that some M&M cookies that I have tried in the past try to replicate. What else would you expect from Red? He's the man...candy-wise, of course. That commercial with Ms. Brown and Red dancing to I'm Sexy and I Know It is priceless. 



Ingredients
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 12-ounce package M&Ms Milk Chocolate Candies
3/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)


Directions
Preheat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. 


In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt; blend into butter/sugar mixture. Stir in M&Ms Milk Chocolate Candies and nuts, if desired. Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. 


Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and centers are still soft. Do not overbake. Cool 1 minute and place on wire racks to cool completely. Store in airtight container. 


Source: M&Ms Recipes and Ideas

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio