Foodbuzz Banner

Find What You're Looking For

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Granola Muffins

Hello readers! I hope that you had wonderful times with your families this past weekend, no matter what your faith might be. I am so excited to share my favorite Christmas present with you. Here it goes...

So I channel some Oprah Winfrey to say, "I got a Kitchenaid!" I was so excited. I've wanted one for so long. I can't wait to make pizza dough and not have to knead it. I will now be producing a massive amount of cookies, cakes, and something I've been wanting to try forever - Swiss Merigue Buttercream Frosting. This particular kitchen feat has been on my list for quite some time, but I was not excited about using a non-stand mixer and mixing for hours. ALthough I do think that it would count for my workout for the day. Oh well. 

If not for the granola in this recipe, I definitely would have christened my mixer already. These muffins are a wonderful start to a morning. They are a bit different than your normal muffin recipe because these are fantastically lumpy. The egg, butter. sugar, and yogurt make a wonderful binder that helps to make the granola cake-like. Lumpy is a good thing though - the granola make for a filling start to the day and the vanilla yogurt adds a great flavor to the crunchy granola. When buying the granola, I accidentally bought a plain granola instead of the dried fruit granola. I will definitely be trying this recipe with a variety of granola flavors. Dried fruit - yum! 

Ingredients
1 1/2 cup granola cereal
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup wheat flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 egg
1 cup vanilla yogurt
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted**

** If using salted butter, eliminate the sea salt from above ingredient list.  
Directions
Preheat oven to 400. Mix flour, baking powder, salt and granola. Add sugar to mixture.

Combine egg and yogurt, beat slightly. Add butter and mix until thoroughly blended. Put into muffin tins and bake for 20 minutes. 

Source: SparkRecipes

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio