Foodbuzz Banner

Find What You're Looking For

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Gnocchi with Pizzaiola Sauce



I love gnocchi. It's among the rare Italian food that I will definitely eat. It joins the ranks with pizza and, well, pizza. When my mom and I went on a day tour of New York City and ate in Little Italy, I ordered gnocchi. Fancy Italian restaurant on vacation? Gnocchi, please. 


I slightly adapted this recipe to reflect the cheese that you and probably I have on hand all the time. Enjoy! 


Ingredients
1 28 oz. crushed tomatoes
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, smashed
½ teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
½ cup grated mozzarella

Directions
Put the olive oil and garlic in a cold sauté pan big enough to hold the cooked pasta. Heat the pan over medium-high heat until the oil sizzles and the garlic just begins to take on some color.

Add the tomatoes and salt and mix with the olive oil and garlic. Simmer to evaporate some of the liquid and the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Stir in the oregano. Simmer for approximately 30 minutes.

Remove the garlic before using the sauce if you wish. Top the dressed pasta with the grated mozzarella.


Source: adapted from Gianni's North Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio