Foodbuzz Banner

Find What You're Looking For

Monday, April 4, 2011

Hint Of Hazelnut Pound Cake

Hello. Yes, I am still alive. Last week was absolutely crazy. Trying to prepare my students for the regional science fair on Friday took up way more time than I thought it would. It was all worth it - one of my students placed third in his division. I am so excited mostly because this was the first science fair that the school had in over a decade. I was not expecting any of my students to get awards. It makes me a little excited to start next years projects now. 


I have decided to make my font blue this month for autism awareness. I have cycled through all the possible emotions that come with a diagnosis. I have been angry, upset, in denial, felt guilty, but I am finally in a place where I want to meet whatever may come our way head on and do what is in the best interest of my little boy. So no, I am not pregnant and expecting a boy, it is just my little way of showing  my support to a cause that has quickly become an important part of my life. 




One of the things that I love about reading so many blogs is the wealth of information and awesome recipes that I have found. I love getting lost in all of the links and blogrolls. When I ventured onto a new blog and saw this recipe, I knew it would be a wonderful treat between breakfast and lunch. The hint of hazelnut smelled amazing while baking and is subtle in the pound cake. These would be amazing (and definitely a little more up my alley) filled with a chocolate ganache. But chocolate makes everything more delicious, right? Yum - which coincidentally in the name of the blog where I found this recipe. Thank you, Sherri, they are a wonderful addition to my breakfast rotation. 


Hint of Hazelnut Pound Cake
1 c. butter
3 c. sugar
6 eggs
3 c. flour
2 c. liquid hazelnut flavored coffee creamer
1 T. vanilla

Preheat oven to 325. Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time. Mix in flour and creamer alternately. Mix in vanilla. 



To bake these puppies you have several options: 10" tube pan or 2 loaf pans for about an hour and a half or until top of loaf springs back when pressed gently. I used a silicone muffin tray to make them portable. 


Source: Yum. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio