Foodbuzz Banner

Find What You're Looking For

Monday, February 28, 2011

Mango Muffins

I don't' know if it was the warm/cold snap or what, but our household has been very sick lately. With a MedExpress visit yesterday and doctors appointment today, I have been running around like a crazy person trying to keep my boys fed, hydrated, and clean. Easier than it sounds, for sure. I considered myself lucky to score just enough free time to shop. That's when I saw the beautiful mangoes that were only $1. Sold. 


I have never worked with mango before and I figured what better way than with a breakfast for the week. The fact that I was in need of some inspiration took me right to Google. I found these muffins after looking at a few different options. I had everything in my (dare I say it, organized and cleaned out) pantry and even added some coconut in lieu of the raisins. I left out the nuts from the original recipe because we are not a nut household. If nuts are your thing, you can fold in 1/2 cup of walnuts with the mango, banana, and coconut. 


Ingredients
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 cup vegetable oil

1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 cups diced ripe mango
1 medium ripe banana, mashed
1/2 cup coconut


Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 


Place flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a large mixing bowl.  In a separate bowl, add eggs, oil, and lemon juice. Combine dry ingredients with wet until moistened. 


Fold in mango, mashed banana, and coconut until combined. Using a spoon (I like to use my ice cream scoop), fill paper-lined muffin pans 2/3 full with mixture. 


Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. Muffins are done when a toothpick inserted through the middle comes out clean. 


Source: Nancy Leeds, AllRecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio