Foodbuzz Banner

Find What You're Looking For

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tweak worthy Chicken Tacos

After taking care of a sick toddler during the week and sanding floors non-stop during the New Year weekend, I have no enthusiasm for long, time consuming recipes. Quick and easy is the ticket for this week, especially because my buffet and china cabinet are in the kitchen too - so space to move is minimum. I found this recipe for chicken tacos after a quick search on my phone. Quick, check. Not many ingredients, check. One dish, check.

Tasty, err...no. This recipe definitely has potential to be a keeper, but I found that a cup of lemonade and the lime juice was just too tart/citrusy for our liking. I am leaving the recipe in its original form, because it is how I made it. This is a recipe that definitely will need some tweaking and trying again. I fully expect to tweak, try again, and post this one again soon...only more delicious.  Sorry, no picture either...my camera is on my buried table, which I can not get to because the dining room table is in the way. I wish I were joking.

Ingredients

  • 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite size pieces
  • 1 cup lemonade
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon lime juice
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 bay leaf

Directions

  1. In a large skillet over medium heat, combine chicken, lemonade, olive oil, lime juice, and Worcestershire sauce. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, and bay leaf. Simmer until chicken is no longer pink, and juices run clear, 15 to 20 minutes.
  2. Meanwhile, warm the tortillas in the oven or microwave until soft. When chicken is fully cooked, transfer to serving bowl. Place lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, salsa, and sour cream in serving dishes. Each person can create their own wrap, using their preferred ingredients.
Source: caliboo on AllRecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio