Foodbuzz Banner

Find What You're Looking For

Friday, January 7, 2011

Bacon Wrapped Breadsticks

If my husband were able to marry a food, it would without a doubt be anything Italian. He loves Italian food. Spaghetti, lasagna, you name it...he'll devour it. When it comes to our preference in foods, my husband and I are complete opposites. I really don't like Italian food. I blame it on years of pre-packaged (nasty tasting) Italian "meals". Being the good wife and mother that I am, I plan one night each week that has an Italian dish. I will actually eat a little bit of whatever I make, but usually end up taking the sauce and soaking it up with breadsticks. Enter these delicious little things. I saw these on Food Network, and I love (be sure to say it with a southern accent) Pah-la Deen so I knew that these breadsticks have to be fantastic. I actually have cousins that live in the vicinity of the Paula Deen house and restaurant. I always threaten that I am going to come down and we are going to dinner there, but it never ends up happening.

These breadsticks are fluffy and delicious. The combination of the salty bacon and the garlic salted cheese is wonderful. Be sure to try these with any soup, salad, pasta, or even by themselves. You won't be disappointed.

Ingredients

  • 1 cup grated Parmesan
  • 2 teaspoons garlic salt or powder
  • 12 slices bacon
  • 24 (4 1/2-inch) long sesame breadsticks (1 package)

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a mixing bowl, combine the Parmesan with garlic salt and set aside. Cut the bacon slices in half so they are approximately 5-inches long. Wrap each bread stick with 1 slice of bacon, starting at 1 end and ending at the other. Place wrapped bread sticks on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, and bake for 15 minutes or until bacon is browned. Remove from oven and immediately roll bread sticks in cheese mixture. Let cool and serve at room temperature.

Source: Paula Deen, Food Network

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio