Foodbuzz Banner

Find What You're Looking For

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sugar Cookies


This is the first time that I have blogged about these sugar cookies. I have made them several times before. Some with royal icing and some without. When we decided to have a bake sale as a fundraiser, I knew that I wanted to do some type of cool looking cookie that the kids would like to buy. Knowing that it  had to be fabulous, I turned to the trusty cookie recipe from Annie's Eats. Her recipe has never failed me. They bake up well with a great taste and texture. For the royal icing, look to the recipe here and the tutorial that Annie put together here. I only used two colors, but you can look here to see how to make a cool spiderweb. Ella, I don't know who you are, but your cookies are absolutely delicious!

Ella’s White Sugar Cookies
Ingredients:1 cup butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 ½ t. almond extract
1 t. vanilla
1 t. salt
2 ½ c. sifted flour

DirectionsCream butter. Add powdered sugar. Blend in egg, almond extract, vanilla, salt and flour. Chill dough until firm. Roll to ¼” thickness on well-floured surface. Cut with cookie cutters. Place on greased cookie sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 min. Cookies should not brown. Frost and decorate when cool. Yields ~40 cookies.

Source:  Annie's Eats

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio