Foodbuzz Banner

Find What You're Looking For

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mexicali Stack Ups

 
I have been trying to be very good about getting my recipes from a variety of sources. Everyone that knows me understands (or at least deals with) my love of food and cooking. This recipe comes from a Three Rivers Cookbook. I don't even remember who gave it to me because I've had it for such a long time. This recipe is definitely delicious. The bread and butter of this recipe is its adaptability. I actually put avocado on mine and found that I actually really like it. 

Enjoy! 

Ingredients
1 onion, chopped
1 1/2 lbs. hamburger
1 cup cooked rice
1 small can tomato paste
3 paste cans of water
1 can diced tomatoes
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp. sugar
one tablespoon of each: chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt
tortilla chips, I used Fritos
For topping: 
lettuce, shredded
cheddar or taco blend cheese
avocado
tomato, diced

Directions
Brown hamburger and onion. Pour off excess fat.  Add rest of ingredients, except chips. Mix and simmer for 40 minutes. Place chips on plate, layer with beef mixture, and top with desired toppings. Additional toppings can include sour cream or salsa. 

Source:  Three Rivers Cookbook, version 1. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio