Foodbuzz Banner

Find What You're Looking For

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cocoa Fudge Cookies

Yay! Snow day! One of the perks of being a teacher. The students think that they are the most excited for a day off...heck no, the teachers are. Another perk of being a teacher is getting all kinds of cute mugs and little plates to put goodies on. 

Speaking of goodies, I really like these cookies. I have to be honest that I wanted to make chocolate chip cookies, but don't have any chocolate chips in my pantry. Since getting my oven which actually preheats and cooks the way it should, I have been on a real baking kick. After a little search on Google, I found these cookies. I read through the recipe and saw yogurt. Yogurt? In a cookie? Are you serious? Oh boy...this could be horrible. Let's try it. My actual thinking would be that the recipe would make an interesting trainwreck for the blog. The complete opposite of my original opinion is true. They are crunchy on the outside but have a moist, tender inside. Delicious. I can't wait to see what Dan thinks of them when he gets home today. They would be perfect for dunking into milk, coffee, tea, or hot chocolate.

 Ingredients
  • 1  cup  all-purpose flour
  • 1/4  teaspoon  baking soda
  • 1/8  teaspoon  salt
  • 5  tablespoons  butter
  • 7  tablespoons  unsweetened cocoa
  • 2/3  cup  granulated sugar
  • 1/3  cup  packed brown sugar
  • 1/3  cup  plain low-fat yogurt
  • 1  teaspoon  vanilla extract
  • Cooking spray

Directions
Preheat oven to 350°.

Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, soda, and salt; set aside. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat; stir in cocoa powder and sugars (mixture will resemble coarse sand). Add yogurt and vanilla, stirring to combine. Add flour mixture, stirring until moist. Drop by level tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until almost set. Cool on pans 2 to 3 minutes or until firm. Remove cookies from pans; cool on wire racks.

Source: Cooking Light, via MyRecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio