Foodbuzz Banner

Find What You're Looking For

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Peanut Butter Crisscross Cookies

Wow, first post on the new blog. Hello! I am Lisa, a teacher who likes to cook and bake. My husband thinks that I am nuts because I am always going on websites looking for new and interesting recipes. Only one problem, I am up against a picky eater. A dish may look absolutely wonderful and make me drool just thinking about it, but if it's not man friendly or approved, I will find myself eating the leftovers for lunch and dinner for the next week. I look forward to sharing family recipes, newfound keepers, hilarious bloopers, and the occassional recipe gone horribly wrong.

Last night I made peanut butter crisscross cookies. Considering that the hubby only likes peanut butter if it is slathered in some type of jelly, these cookies flew off of the cooling rack rather quickly. Evidently, they go very well with a big glass of milk. The dirty cup in the sink told me so. I opted to leave the cup and a half of nuts out, as neither of us are big fans of nuts in cookies.

Here is the recipe.
Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups of flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
2 sticks of unsalted butter- room temp
1 cup of peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
1 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups salted peanuts
About 1/2 cup sugar for rolling

Directions
Position the racks to divide the oven into thirds and preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment or silicone mats.Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
Beat the butter on medium speed for a minute or two, until it is smooth and creamy. Add the peanut butter and beat another minute. Add the sugars and beat until blended, then add eggs one at a time.On low speed beat in dry ingredients, mixing a little at time until blended before adding more. Once blended, mix in chopped peanuts ( I opted to leave these out...again, picky eater). Pour the 1/2 cup sugar in a bowl.
Measure a level tablespoon of dough. You can also do the rustic thing and pinch some off with your fingers and roll it into a ball, which I did. Once you have a nice ball, drop it and roll it around in the sugar. Place it on the cookie sheet. Take a fork and press the fork against the ball of cookie dough in one direction and then again in a perpendicular direction, you should have a flat round cookie.

Bake for about 12 minutes.

Recipe from Babbs' Bites, originally from Dorie Greenspan

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first blog entry! I'm looking forward to future posts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome and congrats on your first post! Souns yummy!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio