Foodbuzz Banner

Find What You're Looking For

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Cha-cha-cha-changes

Wow...it's been three months. That is CRAZY. I can't believe it. I've been trying to find things to blog about - but nothing has really given me the motivation. I planned a ton of crockpot meals...none that I'd honestly share or make again. I work nights all.the.time and only cook a day or two a week. But a lot has happened - it's catch-up time. 

I lost my job, not my self-worth. 
Wow, that feels good to type, see, and say. I've had a really hard time dealing with the loss of my teaching job and the opportunity to blog about food and education in the classroom. I've tried to keep a brave face, but I can't live with my head in the sand anymore. It's time to get on with my life. 



So...I've been at my current job for three months now. Just had an employee review. It's going well and I enjoy it. I am really excited about the opportunity to go back to school - I just need to figure out what I want to major in and get started on the course work. 




Maria got engaged shortly after Christmas to an awesome guy. They're getting married in July of 2014. I am so excited to stand next to my sister on one of the most important days of her life. We hit the ground running on the bridesmaid dress shopping and it didn't take long...forgive the bad model. 



I am so excited about the shower and have tons of ideas and motivation in my Pinterest. My only hope is that I do not go all Kristen Wiig in Bridesmaids.



I look forward to this weekend - actually having two days off will give me tons of time to get into the kitchen and make some deliciousness happen. It also means actual time to figure out meals for the week, ones that I hope to share with you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio