Foodbuzz Banner

Find What You're Looking For

Monday, July 23, 2012

Snickerdoodle Pancakes



I've talked before about my most requested recipe - my snickerdoodles. This weekend, I wanted a special treat. Dessert for breakfast. I'm not one of those savory breakfast type of people. As much as I love the thought of pancakes, eggs, and bacon - it's not my speed.  A pancake covered in cinnamon sugar in a stack of don't-need-any-syrup deliciousness was right up my alley. 
The recipe calls for a mix to be used. If you're still using a box mix, try this recipe here. It is my go-to recipe for pancakes and always turns out wonderfully - unless I burn the pancakes, patience is not my strong suit. 



Ingredients
For the pancakes
2 cups pancake mix
1 cup milk
2 eggs
2 Tbsp oil
1/2 tsp cinnamon

For the topping
Butter, melted
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp cinnamon


Directions


Make up pancake mix with milk, eggs, oil and 1/2 tsp cinnamon.  If you are using an add-water-only pancake mix, only add water and cinnamon.


Pour 1/2 cup batter into a greased 10 inch non-stick skillet. Cook on one side and flip. 


Mix remaining cinnamon and sugar. Dot pancake with pieces of butter and sprinkle liberally with cinnamon and sugar. Gently spread melted butter all over pancake, to edges. 


Slice the pancake into quarters and stack on top of each other.


Source: Frugalanticsrecipes.com

2 comments:

  1. Oh my. I think I may be rearranging my dinner plans this week to include these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were definitely delicious and very filling. They honestly need no syrup whatsoever. Hope you enjoy them as much as we did!

      Delete

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio