Foodbuzz Banner

Find What You're Looking For

Friday, July 6, 2012

Confetti Rice Pilaf



When I am sick, I am a baby. A total baby. I prefer to lay around on the couch all day and watch the world go by. I want waited on with one of those little bells to ring every 10 seconds. Unfortunately, there's lots to do and it's important to keep the energy up. I totally want chicken soup. With the 90 degree plus temperatures, soup is just not up my alley. Steaming hot broth? No thank you. 


Thankfully, I can still have the comforts of chicken soup with rice instead of the broth. Ok, so you have to cook the rice, but when you're not feeling well and just want a blankie and some chicken soup, this is a wonderful alternative. I could even see myself serving this as a side with a normal dinner. It's quick, easy, and delicious! 



Ingredients
1 tablespoon(s) olive oil or butter
1 small onion, finely chopped
1  carrot, finely chopped
1 stalk(s) celery, finely chopped
1 clove(s) garlic, crushed with press
Salt and pepper
1 cup(s) long-grain white rice
1 can(s) (14- to 14 1/2-ounce) chicken broth
.25 cup(s) water
.25 cup(s) fresh parsley leaves, chopped


Directions


In 3-quart saucepan, heat olive oil on medium. Add onion, carrot, celery, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon each salt and coarsely ground black pepper; cook 6 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Add rice, stirring to coat; cook 1 minute.


Add broth and water to pan; heat to boiling on high. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 16 to 18 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Fluff rice with fork; stir in parsley to serve. 


Source: Good Housekeeping


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio