Foodbuzz Banner

Find What You're Looking For

Friday, March 23, 2012

Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies



Well...it's finally here. After a heck of a week at school after learning some wonderful (side eye) news on Monday, the cat will finally be out of the bag. Everyone will know my secret - no, I'm not pregnant, sorry to disappoint - and I can finally move on with my life. So what do you do when you're faced with something you can tell no one about? You stress eat. My stress eat food of choice - cookies and many many others. 


For me to like something with peanut butter and banana blended together is really saying something. I know that I've made and blogged about peanut butter banana quesadillas before, but I really was not a fan at all. I think it's a texture issue. The sliminess of the banana with the sticky of the peanut butter just doesn't work for me. But both of them mixed together are a wonderfully delicious combination. I hope that all of you enjoy your weekends! 


Ingredients
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp butter, room temperature
1 large egg
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup mashed banana (from 1 sm/med)
1 1/2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats (not instant)

Directions
Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.

In a large bowl, cream together sugars and butter. Beat in egg until smooth, then mix in the peanut butter and mashed banana. 

Working by hand or with a mixer on low speed, blend dry ingredients into the peanut butter mixture. Stir in the oats.

Shape dough into tablespoons and place on baking sheet, flattening each slightly with your fingers.

Bake for 10-12 minutes, until cookies just begin to turn golden around the edges.
Cool on a wire rack.

Source: BakingBites

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio