Foodbuzz Banner

Find What You're Looking For

Friday, February 3, 2012

Peanut Butter Cookies

I grew up absolutely loving Full House. Actually...I loved Uncle Jesse. It was right around that critical time of dating for me that he went from being a womanizing rebel to falling in love, getting married, and having a family. Confession: Turning into a famiy man made him all that much hotter. When making these cookies, I thought of the episode where Michelle wants to buy her lunch from school but can't because her Dad "makes her peanut butter smile."


I think I have unintentionally made peanut butter a star this week. First with my peanut butter banana quesadillas , now with a wonderful cookie that uses honey instead of sugar. Again, I'm not a fan of plain old peanut butter, but turned into a cookie and watch out. I hope you enjoy this sweet treat and have a wonderful weekend! 


Ingredients
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup apple sauce
1/2 cup apple juice
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup ground peanuts


Directions
Combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl, set aside. Beat the applesauce, juice, honey, and peanut butter until smooth. Add the flour mixture and blend until just mixed. Stir in the peanuts. 


Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour. 


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpat. Roll dough out on a floured work surface to 1/4 inch thick. Using a cookie cutter or cutting dough into toast shaped pieces, place on cookie sheets 1 inch apart and bake for 15 to 17 minutes until edge are golden. Transfer to wire rack to cool. 


Once cool, spread jam or peanut butter on cookies. Place 4 tablespoons of cream cheese in a pastry bag (I cut the tip of a sandwich bag) and pipe the mouth and eyes. 


Source: Crazy About Cookies



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio