Foodbuzz Banner

Find What You're Looking For

Monday, February 27, 2012

Chicken Pasta

Readers, hello! It is wonderful to be back. I have missed blogging but have so many things toSu entertain you with. I have been trying to use up things in my pantry. A bit of an early spring cleaning, if you will. When I grocery shop, there is something about the vegetable aisle that begs me to take home at least one pea, carrot, green bean and corn. Sure, fresh produce is always wonderful and the freshest option, but let's be honest...I am not a chef with access to a fully stocked pantry. When I saw this recipe, I knew it would be perfect to use up a can from my little collection.

A magical thing happens after combining the chicken, peas, and other ingredients. The peas lend a wonderful sweetness to the sauce and act as a bit of a thickener. This dish is really simple and I am so glad that I have left overs to take for lunch.

Ingredients
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 cups shredded store-bought rotisserie chicken
1 ounce baby peas
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Pinch cayenne pepper
12 ounces wagon wheels or other short pasta
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for sprinkling
1 tablespoon butter
Salt


Directions
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the skillet and heat through. Stir in the peas, broth, garlic and cayenne and simmer until the broth has reduced slightly, about 2 minutes. Keep warm over low heat.  

Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta for 5 minutes. Drain and add to the chicken. Stir in the 1/2 cup cheese and butter and simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the pasta is al dente, about 3 minutes. Season with salt, if necessary, and serve with additional Parmesan.

Source: Rachael Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio