Foodbuzz Banner

Find What You're Looking For

Thursday, January 26, 2012

White Pizza Sauce


I have been ahead of myself all week - I swore Monday was Tuesday. I woke up yesterday thinking about all of the loose ends I need to type up with my students before the school science fair this weekend. Then I realized that I had two more days to prepare them. 

I am ahead in my normal Friday pizza sharing with you as well. Only because I have an amazing healthy recipe to share with you tomorrow. Back to the sauce, I adapted this white sauce recipe to add some white wine. Not a lot, but enough to give the pizza an extra flavor dimension. Sharing this early with you gives you plenty of time to roll up your sleeves, make some pizza dough, and enjoy this delicious cheesy sauce. 

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup white wine
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano cheese, shredded

Directions
Heat butter in a small saucepan. Create a roux by adding the flour and whisking until thoroughly mixed.

Slowly whisk in milk, adding gradually. Stir in remaining ingredients. Sauce will thicken upon standing. Ladle onto prepared pizza crust and top as desired. 

Source: adapted from Food.com

1 comment:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio