Foodbuzz Banner

Find What You're Looking For

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Rich, No Yeast Cheese Biscuits


My motivation for working out is quite simple. One phrase resounds in my mind over and over. No, it is not the instructor telling me that I'm going to have a wonderful body, pain is a good thing, and I'm going to love the results. "Let them eat cake." Yup - it's that simple. A princess, not knowing the living conditions of her servants, asked that they be given brioche when she heard that they had no bread. Brioche is a rich and buttery French pastry. What a nice princess. I'd be her servant. 

Although brioche sounds divine, I don't need a French pastry. Just give me some sour cream and cheese in the form of a delicious biscuit and dangle it in front of me while I work out. Yup, that's all the motivation I need. 

Ingredients
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup Cheddar cheese cubes
1 cup sour cream

Ingredients
Preheat oven to 500°F for 15 minutes before baking.
Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray or line with parchment paper.

In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, garlic powder and baking soda.

Place the cheese in a blender or food processor to coarsely grind or use a hand grater. Add grated cheese and sour cream to flour mixture and mix well.

Turn dough out onto a lightly floured board and knead gently for 1-2 minutes. Either roll the dough out to 3/4 thickness and cut with a biscuit cutter or use a spoon to plop two tablespoons of dough onto cookie sheet.

Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. 

Source: adapted from Cooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio