Foodbuzz Banner

Find What You're Looking For

Monday, January 9, 2012

Old Fashioned Pancakes



I remember reading a story called Everyday Use when I was a sophomore in high school. Maybe I remember it so well because I had a crush on the teacher - Mr. Schlanger. I may have spent the school year hanging on to each and every word that he said. Anyway, the story had to do with a quilt that was owned by a deceased grandmother and her two grandchildren fighting over who would keep it. One grandchild said that her sibling would be simple enough to put it to everyday use. It was decided that the grandchild that would actually use the blanket every day was the one that would be able to keep the remembrance of her grandmother. Good story. Good looking teacher. Oh geez, I'm 15 again. Ok...I'm done, I promise. 


This pancake recipe is just that - good for everyday use. I normally go for a muffin or breakfast cookie that I can throw in a bag and devour when I get to work. With the chilly temperatures here, I prefer something warm to start my day. I mix this together on the weekend and store it through the week. 


My blog is all about getting in the kitchen and trying new things. If you depend on Bisquick or other pancake mixes, try this recipe. You don't be disappointed.


Ingredients
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg
3 tablespoons butter, melted

Directions
In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.

Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.


Source:  Allrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio