Foodbuzz Banner

Find What You're Looking For

Thursday, November 3, 2011

100th post and Cowboy Steak

Wow...the 100th post. I started this blog in December of last year as a way to cope with the death of my Grandfather. There are times that I have loved blogging and times that it has taken a back burner due to the wonderfully hectic circumstances in life. I took a bit of time making this 100th post because it's time to make a decision - continue and pursue this further or know that I made a hundred posts and let it go. 


My thoughts then turned to the fact that the camera I use to take photos with is craptastic. Making the choice to continue with blogging, I want to continue to improve, learn, and share my journey. So I am glad to announce, the first pictures from my new (actual) camera. 

So, this is going to take a bit of work...but I'm so excited to improve. 


So, there you go. I have made my decision. I love challenging myself in the kitchen and can't wait to learn how to photograph food. My sister is starting to experiment with food and I couldn't be prouder to have influenced that in some way. 


Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ancho chili powder, or other chili powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons fine ground espresso coffee
  • 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 1/4 pound shoulder center steak (Ranch Steak), or top sirloin, about 1 1/4-inch thick

Directions

Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and preheat it over medium-high heat. In a small bowl combine all the ingredients for the rub and coat the steak well on both sides. Cook steak for 14 minutes, turning once, for medium to medium-rare. Allow steak to sit for 5 minutes before slicing.

Source: Ellie Kriger, Food Network

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio