Foodbuzz Banner

Find What You're Looking For

Friday, July 8, 2011

Products of the Week

My Coupon Binder

I, like so many people, started couponing after watching Extreme Couponing on TLC. Amidst the greed, fraud, and mustard shelf clearing, I learned a very important lesson: I can take control of how much I pay (or sometimes even get paid) at the store. A while ago, I talked about how I started couponing. I remember being worried that my couponing would inhibit my creativity with recipes with pre-made products that I was purchasing. Thanks to lots of hard work and a training session from one of the extreme couponers on the show, I am proud of the amount of money that I save. I have learned that I can have my cake and eat it too...I can still try new recipes and save tons of money with coupons. It might take a little more work, but if my family is happy with the meals and I have money left over at the end of the month, it is a win-win situation in my eyes. 

I try to email companies for products that we enjoy and use very often to let them know we appreciate the product that they put time and effort into. I pick one favorite product per occupant in the house - DJ, Dan, Duke, and I. Ok, so I am really hoping that they might give me a coupon for my time, but they genuinely are products that I constantly have coupons for and have large amounts of in my stockpile. Oh wait, I have not shared my stockpile. Mostly because it is not ready and is segmented all over the house. I have been couponing for a little over two months and have two pantries in my kitchen stocked and the shelves in the basement filled with products. 

This week's picks: Dove, Coke, Alpo, and Excedrin. I have included their contact information for easy future reference - or perhaps they are products that your family love as well!

This week, I am contacting: 
Dove - Body Wash, DJ uses it all the time for his eczema.
The Coca-Cola Company - I keep at least one shelf of my pantry stocked with Powerades.  
Alpo - Duke really likes their Hidden Goodness with Beef. It is so easy to spread and we get about five feeds (almost two days) per can.
Excedrin - I suffer from migraines at least twice a month. Without their product, I would be unable to function those days. I don't mind taking a few minutes to make a telephone call to tell them how I feel. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio