Foodbuzz Banner

Find What You're Looking For

Friday, April 15, 2011

Recipe Swap - Whiskey Glazed Carrots


I am not even done telling you about Michelle's meal, but I have to share these carrots with you. And not just because they are absolutely delicious, but it is also for a recipe swap for What's Cooking? This recipe comes from Taste of Home Cooking...one of the blogs that I frequently read. I was so excited to see my swap recipe from her.

Ree Drummond, the Pioneer Woman, says that these carrots are major league yum. She is right on. I ate half of the batch before they even made it to the table. I don't really cook with booze too often. When I told my mom that I was making whiskey glazed carrots, she looked confused. Then I explained that I am going to get buttery, sugary carrots nice and schnookered (her word for drunk.) Then she asked me to bring them for Easter dinner.  Sure thing, Mom.

Ingredients
1 stick Butter, Divided
2 pounds (to 3 Pounds) Carrots, Peeled And Cut Into Thick Circles
½ cups Jack Daniels Or Other Whiskey
¾ cups (to 1 Cup) Brown Sugar
½ teaspoons (to 1 Teaspoon) Salt
Freshly Ground Pepper, to taste

Directions
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over high heat. Add carrots in two batches, cooking for 60-90 seconds each batch. Remove from skillet.

Pour in whiskey and allow to evaporate 30 seconds. Reduce heat to medium, and add remaining butter. When butter melts, sprinkle brown sugar over the top. Stir together, then add carrots to skillet. Cover, and continue cooking for 5 minutes.

Remove lid and add salt and pepper. Continue cooking until carrots are done and glaze is thick, about 5 more minutes.

Pour onto a platter and serve immediately. Sprinkle with chopped chives if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio