Foodbuzz Banner

Find What You're Looking For

Monday, January 17, 2011

Banana Applesauce Oat muffins

 
Well, here we are. The start of another week. Last time I asked my husband what was for breakfast, he answered (without hesitation) that he wanted cheese danish. This week was not as fortunate, as I received the shoulder shrug and head tilt, which means I don't know and I don't feel like thinking about it right now. I looked in the kitchen and found bananas that were beyond ripe and really should have been thrown out if I didn't do something with them. So over the internet I searched, and found these muffins from So Tasty, So Yummy.

I know that I usually wait to see Dan's reaction before I say whether it's a keeper or not, but seeing as how I made a dozen and only have six left in the fridge, I am going to say keeper! 

Ingredients  
1 egg
3 mashed ripe bananas
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup natural applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup quick cooking oats

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
 
In a large bowl, combine egg, bananas, brown sugar, applesauce and vanilla. In a separate bowl, sift together the flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir the oatmeal into the flour mixture. Gently stir flour mixture into the banana mixture.  Pour batter into the prepared muffin cups.

Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove muffins from pan and place on a wire rack to let cool before serving. 

Source:  adapted from So Tasty, So Yummy

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio