Foodbuzz Banner

Find What You're Looking For

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Cranberry Chicken

I have had my eye on this recipe for awhile. I love cranberry sauce and french dressing, but I was nervous about how they would taste together. I cooked the chicken in the skillet first and added a small bit of chopped onion into the pot because I didn't have any onion soup packets on hand. I poured the sauce over the chicken, and cooked it a bit longer. After about ten minutes of simmering, I took the pan off of the heat and refrigerated for a few hours to allow the flavors to marry and become very happy together. A keeper of a recipe. But I am more excited about something else...



My first picture! I am so excited that I finally have a camera that I can use to take pictures of the food that I make. I look forward to being able to share pictures now in addition to the recipes themselves.



Ingredients:

6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts or eight drumsticks

1 tablespoon butter

1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce

1 cup French dressing

1 1/2 (1 ounce) packages dry onion soup mix (I subbed in chopped onion)

Instructions:

1.) Place chicken in skillet on medium high heat. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink.

2.) Add chopped onion into the skillet. Let the onions cook until transparent.

3.) Stir cranberry sauce and French dressing together in bowl until well blended. Pour over chicken breasts.

4.) Allow chicken mixture to marinate for at least 8 hours. (I marinated for a few hours.)

5.) Preheat over to 350 degrees and bake chicken until bubbly and slightly browned, approximately one hour and fifteen minutes.



Source: adapted from Heather on Allrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio